Planning an event can be quite stressful! There are so many things to think about and prepare for, from the venue to the food, to the guest list. The last thing you want is a surprise bill at the end of your party.
Organizing an event for the first time can be a daunting task. From finding the perfect venue to sourcing vendors, there are many factors that need to be considered in order to have a successful event.
Here are some tips on how you can save money when planning an event:
- Book your venue as far in advance as possible – The best venues book up quickly! If you wait until the last minute or don’t have any foresight into what type of venue would work best for your needs, it may cost more than if you booked earlier.
- Save time by booking all vendors in one place – Venues often offer vendor packages that include catering and other services like entertainment.
- Use in-season produce: this will be less expensive than out-of-season items because the demand is lower.
- Buy locally: if it’s not fresh enough to use at your event, then consider buying from a local farmer’s market or grocery store instead of ordering online or over the phone–this will also help reduce packaging waste!
- Offset catering costs with cash donations: ask guests to make a donation in lieu of purchasing food or drinks at your event;
- Invite people via social media and email blasts to get more bang for your buck with less guest list size.
- Host in-home events such as dinner parties or potlucks instead of renting a venue.
- Utilize coupons if you’re able to find them for discounts on food, drinks, decorations